The decelerometer operates on 4 rechargeable Nickel Cadmium batteries and will power-down after a period of inactivity to conserve energy.
The Brake Check determines braking efficiency of both the Service Brake (Foot brake) and Hand Brake by measuring deceleration. Designed to be self-compensating, the instrument will indicate on the LED screen when it is positioned level enough to perform a brake test.
A generous tolerance ensures ‘level enough’ is easily achieved. All operations are performed using only three buttons on the unit. With the Brake Check, test results can be viewed on the display or downloaded to a PC. Printing can be done from the PC or by using a portable serial or the included infrared printer.
For use on Linked Brakes, Quads and ATVs
• Measures Peak Deceleration Front / Rear
• Measures Average Deceleration Front / Rear
• Calculates Stopping Distance (metres or feet)
• Calculates Test Speed (kph or mph)
• Audio Signal
• Battery charger supplied
• Operates for one hour or approx. 120 tests on full charge
• Can be used after 5 minutes of charging
• Automatic level compensation
• Easy to use
• ‘Calibration Required’ indicator
• Three digit readout
• Internal self diagnostics